Questions for the universe

Why do people think they are the exception to etiquette?
Okay, people everywhere, please hear me out and listen carefully. It is never appropriate to check Facebook during a work meeting or an academic class. It generally is not considerate to the people around you if you smack food, take bites that are too big, lick your fingers or burp. When you are "expected" to attend an event (I'm keeping this vague), usually legit reasons are the ones that will get you excused. These might be my own pet peaves, but I'd like to think that principles of etiquette didn't die out in our post-modern world. Call me old fashioned.

How could anyone be apathetic about politics?
I am not claiming to be the most politically astute person around. But I cannot possibly understand how someone can claim to be apathetic or disinterested in politics. How do you live in a country with such a short and important history like the United States, and not care to wonder what the next two hundred and fifty years will look like?? How do you not look back at how we were founded?? How can you not care about our elected officials and their leadership? I just don't get it. Call me crazy. Thankfully, I think the apathetic ones are few and far between.

Why is it politically correct to be anything except conservative?
It is very interesting that in our "anything goes" world that being conservative, pro-life, or a Bible-believing Christian is the exception to the rule. Outside of church circles, it is increasingly unpopular to express views that are not "moral left." While I will never be shy about being a follower of Jesus, I often keep my conservative political views to myself because I know that I am a rarity. How ridiculous is it that I am worried to share those views, when the left side can very happily express their views? Perhaps the "conservative coming out week" that I noticed last year is a genius idea! Maybe there's more of us out there than we all realize. Maybe we can start a revolution! Isn't that what the U.S. is about? Ha!

Is there anything better than the love of a child??? Or cuter than a single man that loves kids???
I am so blessed (and shocked) that all of my closest friends have children now. Every time that I am around them, my soul wells up with joy and I just want to be around them forever! I think that God created childrens' hearts with a special amount of love to give. When little Savannah says "love you Bookie" I couldn't feel more loved or be happier. I am so glad that I get to have little ones in my life through my friends, since I am not close to being an aunt or a mom. I am also going to put this out there for the universe....is there anything cuter than a single guy that loves kids??? Nope. Most dads will love their own kids and yeah, they'll be cute with them. But when a single guy loves kids....be still my heart.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter and Spring 2017 Recap (A "life of Brooke" shocker!!)

an epic week

pre-wedding festivities continue!